Re: Sinhala GNU/Linux

From: harshula <email-not-shown>
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 21:18:30 LKT
To: Donald Gaminitillake
Cc: Anuradha Ratnaweera <email-not-shown>, Delan Silva <lakfoil@slt.lk>

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 19:54 +0600, Donald Gaminitillake wrote:
> Dear Harsshula
>

> I am Still at the same place: ( as you wrote -- word by word)
>
> SLS 1134 = Unicode 0d80-0dff locations (this is a the incomplete
> sinhala alphabet)
>
> Is this correct?

Hi Donald,

Absolutely not!

SLS 1134 is the union of:

Set A = Set A1 Union Set A2 Union Set A3 = 0d80-0dff

Set B = 200C-200D

Set C = Cartesian product of A2 and A3

(Set C2 = Union of C and A2)

Set D = a subset of the Cartesian product of B, A3, A2 and C2

> I find your "set b" contains General Punctuation Range: 2000–206F
> this include

No. Set B does not contain general punctuation.

As I stated in my previous email:
"Set B consists of two elements, the magical ZWNJ and ZWJ"

When I say that Set B consists of two elements, why would list all these other unrelated elements. Set B consists of TWO elements, ZWNJ and ZWJ.

Before we continue any further, please answer these two questions with an explanation.

  1. Can 0d85 encode a single Sinhala letter?
  2. Can 0d9a0dcf encode a single Sinhala letter?

Regards,
Harshula